Tuesday, January 12, 2016

BACK ON BLOGGER

Yikes! It has been almost 3 years since I've logged into this account..Well to be quite honest, I'm not really good with updating any of my social media platforms..My Instagram has like 3 pictures, I don't even remember my Twitter password, and I have an on-and-off relationship with Tumblr..But now I have so much time so I thought I would get back into blogging and interacting with other bloggers.

Quick Update:
- I graduated 2 years ago with a Bachelors in Child Psychology (my last post here was back when I was still a Sophmore in college..!)

- I had my first "real" job as an Assistant Teacher at a preschool in NYC but had to leave after only a year because of health issues - After I quit my job, I moved back home to my parents and have been sleeping in, catching up on my reading and tv shows, and just been really, really taking advantage of my unemployment by being LAZY (cough cough I mean resting obviously because of my health issue and all..)

- But secretly, I've been applying to Teach for America and didn't really tell anyone about it because I didn't want to stir up hope and disappoint my parents if I didn't get accepted because they're already disappointed that I'm not working at a big, fancy corporation.

They gave up their dreams of me becoming a doctor or lawyer years ago and have been really adamant about their disapproval of my decision to work with children. But I know my calling is with children and specifically with a lower-income population so I probably won't be making 6 figures (sorry mom and dad!) but I know I'll be rich in heart.